Location:

1329 Fourth Ave.
Trail, B.C., Canada


School Office Hours
8:00–3:30 Mon-Fri

School Hours
8:40–2:55 Mon-Fri
Recess 10:10-10:25
Lunch 12:00–12:15
Lunch Recess 12:15–12:55

Phone:
250-368-6151
 
  ________________
  Registration Info
St. Michael's is currently taking registrations


Tuition Policy
(including International Students)


Tuition Relief Policy Program
  _____________________
 
Links:

Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson


     
  About St. Michael's  
 

Principal’s Message
At St. Michael’s School we accept all individuals who are open and willing to develop a strong foundation in moral and ethical values to better understand their faith.   We are an innovative and supportive school and we believe that faith and love make the learning process grow.
       
  Our Staff
St Michael’s is staffed by a team of dedicated staff members. Teachers and educational assistants participate in regular professional development as well as spiritual development sessions throughout the year. All staff members work hard to provide for the needs of all students and to organize and lead many fund-raising activities. We currently have nine teachers, a part-time librarian, three educational assistants, a secretary, a custodian and a maintenance person on staff.

St Michael’s School Council meets once a month. This Council is composed of seven volunteer members of the Catholic community along with the parish priest and principal. This Council follows the constitution and by-laws of the Catholic Independent Schools of the Nelson Diocese to manage the business activities of the school under the guidance of the Bishop.
 
     
  Our History
St. Michael's Elementary School 
St Michael’s School began as a Catholic kindergarten, operated by the Sisters of St Joseph of Peace in the hall of St Anthony’s Parish. On March11, 1949, a planning committee met to explore the possibility of establishing a full-fledged school. The late Kevin Molloy has been recognized as the driving force behind the project. St Michael’s School opened in 1953, staffed by the Sisters of St Joseph. At that time, the school had four classrooms and an enrolment of 105 pupils, in Kindergarten to Grade 4. In 2003 the School celebrated 50 years of Catholic education in the Trail area. Today the school enrols students in Kindergarten to Grade Seven. There are eight classrooms, a library, and a computer lab in the original facility. In April 1988 an extension to the building opened. This extension includes a seminar room, a fully equipped kitchen, and a large gymnasium.